Why?

I long to write a devotional book - something that will speak to others and encourage them in their journey with God. These are a few of my thoughts...please enjoy them as you find your resting thoughts in the arms of God.

A few quiet moments during the day. Resting thoughts to focus your mind. Come face to face with the One who loves you. Be embraced. Cherished. Loved.

Friday, March 21, 2008

The Moment before Eternity

Eternity hangs in the balance.
Jesus has accepted His fate.
Beaten and bloody, He begins the long walk to Calvary.

A rough cross.
Hands and feet pierced.
Hanging between life and death.

Last night at our communion service we were reminded that Jesus had the choice to live or die, to call heaven to his aid or to follow the path in front of Him. Sometimes I think that what happened on the cross was just destiny, it was what Jesus was born to do, so why would He not end up on the cross. And then I remember the sweating blood, the tears, the question - if it is possible, let this cup pass from me - and I remember that Jesus, as a man, had to choose to obey His father.

His choice saved you.
His choice saved me.
His choice opened the door of eternity for all humanity.

It wasn't long ago, just a blink of the eye in God's timing, that He turned away from His Son and the sin of the world from yesterday, today and tomorrow fell on Jesus all at once - and the darkest moment in history was upon Him. As God turned His eyes from His Son, He saw you and me and knew that anything was worth having us with Him forever.

No comments: